The Award 1 Coach Education course is the second award on the coaching pathway of Gaelic Games.
The course is aimed at coaches that have progressed through the Foundation Award and have experience as a coach.
The Award 1 course has been designed to take account of the different playing capacities that exist between children (up to 12 years), youths (age 13 – 18) and Adults (age 19+) and the competencies that a coach is required to display when working with each of the playing populations. The course is 16 hours in duration and covers a number of key modules including Technical Proficiency, Tactical Prowess, Team Play, Physical Fitness, Playing Facts, Psychological Focus and Communication. By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Organize a programme of games and skill development activities appropriate to each participant’s needs and abilities
- Organize progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop five key skills
- Organize progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic Games
- Organize and manage players for an effective practice session
- Build rapport, observe, analyze, explain, provide demonstration and positive feedback to players
- Understand the course philosophy
Dates: October 18th and 24th
Time: 7.30 pm
Location: Loreto College
Contact: Paul McManus M.0862414260